South Carolina Tenth Regiment
Field and Staff
- A. M. Manigault Promoted Brigadier-General. Wounded at Battle of Franklin, Tennessee, December 1864.
- James F. Pressley Wounded and disabled, Atlanta, July 22, 1864.
Lieutenant - Colonels
- James F. Pressley Promoted Colonel.
- Julius Porcher Killed at the Battle of Missionary Ridge. November 25, 1863.
- C. lrvine Walker Wounded at the Battle of Atlanta. July 28, 1864, and Kinston, North Carolina
- A. J. Shaw Not re-elected reorganization, 1962.
- Julius Porcher Promoted Lieutenant-Colonel.
- Captain C. Irvine Walker Promoted A. A. G., and afterwards appointed Lieutenant -Colonel.
- Lieutenant Louis R. Stark Wounded at Battle of Franklin, Tennessee December 1864.
- Captain B. H. Wilson Resigned. ill Health.
- Captain J. Stoney Porcher Promoted Brigade Quartermaster.
- Captain T. N. Britton Resigned. ill health.
- Captain S. E. Lucas Promoted Brigade Commissary.
- P. P. Bonneau Resigned. ill health.
- T. P. Bailey
- J. P. Cain Resigned. Afterwards Vol. A. D. C. Gen. Manigault.
- C. H. Tibeaux
- J.W. Graham
- Lieutenant LeGrand Shaw Wounded at Battle of Atlanta, Georgia July 28th and disabled.
- W. T. Capers Resigned. ill health.
- John G. Richards
(his son, John G. Richards, served as the Governor of South Carolina from 1927-1931)
Sergeant - Majors
- W. E. Huger Promoted A. D. C. General Manigault. wounded, Atlanta, July 28, 1864.
- Alexis McNulty
Quartermaster - Sergeants
- G. F. B. Leighton Discharged. over age.
- George R. Congdon
Commissary - Sergeants
- R. F. Kimball
- H. Kaminski
- H. Sham Promoted Lieutenant Company M.
- J. H. Johnson Promoted Lieutenant and Brigade Ordinance Officer.
- 0. J. Butts Transferred to Government Armory.
- J. W. Tarbox
- C. W. Mallory
- W. J. Bailey
The Independent Republic Quarterly
- S. J. Nesmith Detached. Brigade Headquarters.
- C. R. Anderson Discharged. under age.
- D. A. Williams Returned to Co.
- E. J. Wiggins Returned to Co.
- S. S. Britton
Vol.32 No.2; Spring 1998; pp.1-44
[ SC Tenth ] [ Military Records ] [ Home ]
This web site is owned by the
Horry County Historical Society, 606 Main Street, Conway, SC 29526-4340.
Telephone 843-488-1966 or Horry County Historical Society
A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Submit information or report content errors to HCHS Web Site Administrator.
©1966-2011 All rights reserved