A Presbyterian congregation existed here in the village of Kingston by 1756. Its meetinghouse was on this site but by 1795 the congregation had apparently disbanded. In 1855 a proposal to reestablish a Presbyterian church in the town was favorably received, and in 1857 an “Association” for that purpose was formed. In 1858 the present house of worship was erected and Kingston Church was officially organized.
ERECTED BY THE CONGREGATION